Keeping your property maintained is important for safety and to prevent long-lasting damage. Part of maintaining your property is ensuring the outside of your home is well maintained, and in particular, your gutters.
Unfortunately, gutter cleaning isn’t a case of ‘out of sight, out of mind’. If your gutter gets blocked, a build-up of water can start to form and cause damage or rot on the outside of your home. Ensuring your gutters are maintained is even more important because of where we live.
Gutter cleaning in Vancouver
Gutter cleaning and maintenance is particularly important in areas like Vancouver, where rainfall can be a daily occurrence. Although we live in a beautiful part of the world, being surrounded by nature can also have its downfalls. Vancouver homes are often exposed to trees and overarching bushes which can add to gutter blockages and an increased demand to maintain gutters more frequently.
We’ve answered some of your frequently asked questions when it comes to gutter cleaning…
How to tell when your gutter needs cleaning
When your gutters become clogged, you may start to notice the following:
- Overflowing rainwater: If your gutter is clogged, water will have nowhere to go. This may cause water to overflow from the gutters.
- Staining: You may start to notice some staining on the side of your home. Staining is an indication that water has overflown from your gutter due to a blockage
- Sagging: Your gutter may start to sag due to the heaviness of debris and water. This is a sign that a blockage is either damaging or breaking your gutter
- Wildlife: Is wildlife flocking to your gutters? An increased interest in your gutters from birds and squirrels may also be an indication that your gutter needs cleaning, as they may be feeding on the debris left behind
If you start to notice any of the above, enquire about our Vancouver gutter cleaning services before your gutter becomes damaged further.
How often should you clean your gutters?
How often you clean your gutters varies depending on where you live, the climate, and your surroundings.
Typically, in Vancouver and surrounding areas, we recommend cleaning and maintaining your gutters at least twice a year. We are privileged to live in a very green city, surrounded by nature, however, this can add to the debris we accumulate in our gutters. The varied weather conditions can also lead to increased attention required for your home’s exterior. The type of trees that surround you also affect when you should have your gutters cleaned depending on when the leaves or flowers fall.
Regular gutter maintenance helps protect your home and gutters from damage. Be sure to schedule your gutter maintenance as we kick start the new year.
What does Umbrella’s gutter cleaning service include?
Umbrella Property Services has a team of experts maintaining Vancouver’s homes. Our premium gutter cleaning service includes the following thorough processes each and every time:
- Health and safety check: Before we begin working on your gutters, we examine the whole property, taking note of power lines, basement alcoves, and ensure safety procedures are followed to minimize danger.
- Condition inspection: We thoroughly analyze your gutter system and downspouts to determine if anything needs to be addressed. This could be anything from resealing joints to fixing brackets. We provide a written report for your peace of mind.
- Removal of gutter debris: We deep clean and vacuum your gutters to allow for seamless water flow and to remove any debris, such as mold, moss, dirt, sand, silt, leaves, and twigs.
- Downspout checks: We then check your downspouts to check for blockages. We ensure water is able to freely flow into your drainage system.
Once we have thoroughly cleaned, examined, and reported on your gutters, we leave with no trace. Our team brings all of the equipment and tools they need to leave you with clear and clean gutters.