Spring cleaning might get the spotlight every year, but fall cleaning is equally important. With the change in seasons approaching, this is a crucial time to make sure your home gets the attention it deserves.
With schools having recently opened back up and holidays nearing, a good fall cleaning can make your life a lot easier. Home maintenance should begin as soon as September hits, so when the Vancouver weather turns a little cooler, you have a well-maintained and tidy home to cozy up in.
Start preparing your home, interior and exterior, for you and your loved ones. Don’t scramble last minute to fix up your home and make it inviting for all your guests. It’s time to put in the work now and save yourself a lot of time, stress, and energy later on.
To make things easier for you, we’ve put together an extensive list of fall cleaning and chores that will make your Vancouver home maintenance simpler.
#1 General Fall Cleaning Checklist
Due to the colder temperatures, harsh winds and rain that come with a Vancouver fall, it’s most important that you focus your fall cleaning efforts on your entire home. Start off with a general list of home maintenance services.
- Replace your HVAC filter
- Clean your gutters
- Service your air conditioner
- Clean your chimney
- Clean dryer vent
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
#2 Home Exterior Cleaning Checklist
As important as it is to deep clean the interior of your home, outdoor chores and property maintenance are essential for preventing damage to your house and harm to your family.
Here’s a list of maintenance chores that are essential for your home’s upkeep.
- Wash the windows
- Winterize windows with caulk
- Clean debris and leaves from the gutter
- Seal gaps to prevent critters
- Store garden hose
- Shut off the sprinkler system
- Rake leaves
- Fertilize and weed
- Overseed and mulch
- Pressure wash your patio and prep for winter
- Stack firewood
- Close the pool
#3 Home Interior Cleaning Checklist
- Wash the walls
- Do a deep refrigerator clean
- Sweep and mop under your refrigerator
- Vacuum your refrigerator coils
- Clean your stove and oven
- Disinfect your garbage cans
- Clean appliances: toaster, microwave, blender
- Clear out and organize the pantry
- Wipe inside and outside of cupboards
- Clean your window treatments
- Wipe down windows
- Wash the walls
- Dust and clean framed art and photos
- Dust and wash the ceiling fan
- Vacuum out couches and chairs
- Condition leather furniture
- Shampoo carpets or rugs
- Wash your bedding
- Buy new pillows
- Flip or rotate the mattress
- Organize your closet
- Organize your drawers
- Wash the shower curtain
- Unclog the shower head and drains
- Disinfect the sink and toilet
- Clean and disinfect the toilet brush
- Wash the floor
Getting your home holiday-ready should be fun, not excruciating. If this seems like an exhaustive list to you, then spare yourself the stress of having to do it all. At Umbrella Property Services, our team of experienced professionals is happy to help you with your property maintenance needs. From gutter cleaning to pressure washing your patio and driveway, and getting your windows cleaned, we do it all!
Simply reach out to us and we’ll provide you with a free quote for our exterior cleaning services.