The Importance of Cleaning Window Tracks
Dirty window tracks can easily go unnoticed and are often low on the list of cleaning priorities. But having window tracks spic-and-span is actually very important to creating an energy efficient and healthy home.
Neglecting window tracks can create a perfect environment for dirt and grime to build up. This dirt and grime can potentially create a buildup that will prevent windows from shutting properly, allowing drafts into the house. Drafts make the home less energy efficient, which in turn creates an unnecessary loss of hard earned dollars. No one wants that!
Condensation, which is abundant in Vancouver, can also collect in the window tracks, creating unwanted mold growth. Mold is unhealthy for everyone and is something that should be taken care of right away.
I know this may sound like a big problem, but don’t worry, it’s not! If a wet cloth and some q-tips aren’t enough to clean up your window tracks, you can follow this method to get them sparkling again.
- baking soda and white vinegar (or hydrogen peroxide)
- an old toothbrush
- hot water
- paper towels
- a bag to put your dirty q-tips and paper towels in to
- Sprinkle baking soda onto the tracks and corners. Pour a little bit of vinegar on top of the baking soda. This step will help loosen the dirt and grime.
- Take your q-tips and work in a circular motion to continue loosening up the dirt and grime and move it from the corners to the middle of the track.
- Once everything is loosened up, take some hot water and pour it into the corners so all the dirt and grime will be easy to clean up in the middle of the track.
- Take your paper towels and clean up all that grime and dirt. Then be sure everything is dry.
- Voila! Now admire you beautifully clean window tracks.
We’re Here to Help!
Give us a call at 1.888.255.4666 if you have any questions about cleaning your window tracks or windows, we have lots of valuable information! If it’s a job you don’t have time for yourself, let us help. We will come by and give you a free estimate.