As we get back into our familiar routines after the relaxing holidays, there’s a lot more than taking down the Christmas lights on your home maintenance list! Whether or not your tree is already packed away, it is important that your organization tasks go hand-in-hand with regular home maintenance checks. Regular home maintenance can help prevent major repairs or at the least catch the problem early so that you’re well-prepared for what to expect.
Here’s our January home maintenance to-do list to help you make sure your home is functioning the best way possible. Feel free to print out our checklist if required.
VANCOUVER HOME MAINTENANCE
- Inspect roof after large winter storms
- Inspect gutters and downspouts after a rainstorm for leaks
- Keep gutters clean of ice and debris
- Check for drafts along the doors and windows. Caulk and repair if necessary.
- Tighten garbage disposal’s drain connections and fasteners
- Inspect the dishwasher for leaks
- Clean range fan blades and housing
- Clean and test refrigerator door gasket
- Vacuum refrigerator coils
- Clean washer’s water inlet filters. Inspect for leaks
- Vacuum lint from dryer ducts and surrounding areas
- Inspect sinks and plumbing shut-off valves for leaks
- Test toilets for stability and inspect for leaks
- Inspect caulking around sinks, showers, and bathtubs. Re-caulk if necessary
- “Exercise” circuit breakers.
- Check for frayed appliance cords.
- Perform the monthly general maintenance tasks.
Now that you have a checklist to ensure you’re on the right track to cleaning your home, remember that taking care of your property’s exteriors isn’t always easy. Not only is it a time-consuming endeavor that requires a lot of specialized equipment, but it’s also a very physically demanding task. It’s best to leave it up to the professionals to provide their exterior house cleaning services.
At Umbrella Property Services, we are more than just an exterior cleaning service; we can deliver health and safety checks, downspout checks, and condition inspections for your gutters and home exterior.
Take away the hassle and safety risks of taking on these property maintenance tasks yourself and get a quote for our property maintenance services here in the Greater Vancouver Area.